Basic Guidelines for Prevention of COVID-19 Infections
The 35th Tokyo International Film Festival is committed to carrying out infection prevention measures based on the guidelines set by the Tokyo Metropolitan Government and the Japan Association of Theatre Owners. We will take every measure to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to secure the safety of press members, as well as audiences.
The Tokyo International Film Festival will adhere to the following basic guidelines in holding its events:
- We will conduct a risk assessment of the venue and identify points (with high frequency of contact) and areas (where 3Cs or conversations can occur) for possible contact infection.
- We will make every effort to avoid situations that are conducive to the 3Cs (closed spaces, crowded places, close-contact settings) during the festival.
- We will make every effort to avoid crowding during events, event preparations, meetings, and interviews.
- We will consistently maintain physical distancing in conducting operations.
- TIFF staff will take their temperatures before going to work and upon arrival at work, and will consistently monitor their physical state during working hours.
- Masks will be mandatory (This will not apply to guests when they are making stage appearances).
- TIFF staff will frequently gargle, wash and sanitize their hands.
- TIFF staff will take their temperatures and sanitize their hands before meeting guests from the films in the Program. They will also wear face shields, masks, and plastic gloves.
- Shared equipment and tools will consistently be sanitized after usage.
- During conversations, staff will refrain from talking loudly, and being in close-proximity or face-to-face situations.
- We will consistently maintain good ventilation in conducting operations.
- In the event of an outbreak of suspected infection during the festival, we will establish a communication system to ensure prompt coordination with the local public health center.
- We will conduct screening tests (antigen tests) on staff before and during the festival.
- If a staff member becomes ill while on duty, we will order the person to stay at home or conduct a screening test, depending on the situation.
- If there is suspicion of close contact, such as positive cases among close relatives of staff, we will conduct PCR tests.
[Our efforts to prevent infection at the venue]
- In areas where congestion is expected, we will take measures to maintain a safe distance between people.
- For screenings involving film festival guests of the film, we will secure a distance of 2m between the guests on the stage and the seated guests.
- We will measure the temperature of all staff and related persons before entering the venue, and will thoroughly wear masks, washing hands diligently, and sanitize hands and fingers. In addition, some of the staff will wear face shields and gloves．
- In places where face-to-face correspondence with visitors is required, we will install acrylic boards and transparent vinyl curtains to prevent droplet infections.
- Sanitizers will be installed in various places in the venue.
- We will thoroughly disinfect the parts of the venue where you will be able to touch, such as handrails and doorknobs.
- We will use an air-conditioning system that replaces the air inside the theater with the outdoor air, and perform regular ventilation in accordance with the law.
* Each venue is equipped with ventilation equipment that can provide the necessary ventilation for the maximum number of people, and the ventilation equipments are operated appropriately based on various laws and regulations.
- We will wear masks and gloves when cleaning and disposing of waste, and thoroughly wash and disinfect hands after work.
[Request to visitors attending the film festival]
- Please be sure to wear a mask when you visit the venue.
* If you are not wearing it, your admission may be refused.
- Please refrain from visiting the venue or purchasing tickets if you fall under any of the following categories.
- Those who are suspected of being infected by COVID-19 or had close contact with those who are suspected of having COVID-19 infection or those who had close contact with a person diagnosed as positive.
- Those who have received a positive test results for COVID-19 infection or who have been instructed to stay at home by a doctor.
- Those who have various symptoms of poor physical condition.
- Those who have symptoms such as fever of 37.5 ℃ or higher, cough, (dyspnea), strong dullness (malaise), pharynx, taste / smell disorder, diarrhea, vomiting / nausea. Not limited to the mentioned symptoms, those who are not in a good physical condition.
- Those who are waiting for the test results of COVID-19 infection.
- Upon your admission, we will perform the temperature measurement with a non-contact thermometer or surface temperature screening with thermography. Depending on the detection result, we will measure the temperature again, and if fever of 37.5 degrees or more is confirmed, we will refuse the admission.
- Please cooperate with the diligent hand washing, use of the provided sanitizer, and observe the cough etiquette.
- At the venue, please avoid crowded places as much as possible and secure a physical distancing.
- Please refrain from talking loudly.
- In order to avoid congestion while standing in a row during the entering and exiting, we may guide you to secure a physical distance. It may take some time to enter, but we appreciate your cooperation and understanding. When entering or leaving the venue, please keep a secure distance before and after the other visitors.
- Please refrain from cheering at the film festival guests, waiting for their arrival or departure for purpose of giving gifts, etc.
- You can enter the theater by ticket authentication with a QR code. For electronic tickets and printed tickets, please scan the QR code by yourselves.
* If a person is suspected of being infected at the venue, personal information may be provided to public institutions such as public health centers. The acquired personal information will not be used for any other purpose and will be stored for one month.
- The content of the guidelines may be revised based on the circumstances leading up to the opening of the film festival. When new information is released by the government or local government, we will be able to provide the information. Please be sure to check this page before visiting the venue.