Term of Use
Information found in this page (“Conditions of Use of the Official Site”) is subject to change without notice.
Conditions of Use
Use of the Tokyo International Film Festival Official Site or the Tokyo International Film Festival Official Homepage (hereinafter referred to as the Official Site) will be subject to the following conditions:
- The Official Site is maintained by UNIJAPAN (hereinafter referred to as TIFF). All copyright for text, videos, photographs, and other information found on the Official Site belongs to TIFF or their respective copyright holders. Reproduction or public broadcasting (including actions that make public broadcasting possible) of any or all such information without the expressed consent of TIFF or the copyright holder is in violation of copyright held by TIFF or the copyright holder or of portrait rights held by the persons pictured. Violators risk criminal prosecution under Japanese Copyright Law.
- Information Use
- Private use of all information found on the Official Site is permitted. Any other use, whether for profit or non-profit, is prohibited. Any reproduction or public broadcasting (including actions that make public broadcasting possible) of any or all such information without the expressed consent of TIFF or the copyright holder is considered under Japanese Copyright Law to be acts of copyright or neighboring rights violation.
- Article 32 of Japanese Copyright Law states, "Any publication may be used with citation" as long as such citations "match practices considered fair and appropriate and fall within a scope accepted for reportage, criticism, research, etc." Copyright Law specifies that citations must: (1) Clearly state the source; (2) Clearly distinguish the cited material from the non-cited material; (3) Ensure that the cited material remains strictly subsidiary to the non-cited material; and (4) Ensure that the cited material does not violate the rights the copyright holder has on the copyright work. Consider these conditions carefully when citing or quoting from the Official Site.
- Although information found on the Official Site will be carefully crosschecked for accuracy, this does not in any way guarantee that all information will be accurate, beneficial, or appropriate. TIFF cannot be held responsible for any damage that may result through either the use of information from the Official Site or the inability to use such information. TIFF cannot be held responsible for the accuracy of information found on sites linked to the Official Site. Any problems that may result, either directly or indirectly, must be held accountable by the operators of each individual site. Use of information found on the Official Site must be made at your own discretion.
- Other Exemptions
- TIFF cannot be held responsible for any computer virus infection or system problems, errors, or damage that may result from use of the Official Site. TIFF cannot be held responsible for any damage that may result from the use of any materials found on the Official Site.
- Any company, organization, or individual may place links to the Official Site from any web pages, with the exception of the following sites:
・Sites that slander or defame TIFF or any other individual or organization; and
・Sites that contain obscene material or otherwise violate law or public morals.
Any links that alter TIFF's website design are prohibited.
One of the advantages of the Internet lies in its immediacy. We will ensure that any new information will be made available on the Official Site as soon as possible. We hope that you will continue making use of TIFF and the TIFF Official Site.